Friday, July 16, 2010

Court Day

Today was the big day! We had our court appointment at noon.. I don't think I have been that nervous in a long time...Not only did we not have our dress clothes, we did not have the required pictures of us and Vitya from our first trip (in the lost luggage) and we had a couple of documents that were not apostilled as they were last minute documents so there was no time...I knew it could only go 1 of 2 ways=) Luckly she had mercy on us and granted a favorable decision!!! She did not waive the 10 day waiting period(which we already knew she could not) but she did count the 10 days including weekends.. So we get to pick up our son on Tues. the 27th of July!!! I am so excited I can't even sleep!!  It is now 3:00am here and we have to leave for the airport at 4:30... so why not blog?! The whole thing only lasted 1 hour.. My husband did a fantastic job of delivering our speech.. the judge asked a few questions then we were done. We are now an offical family of 5!!

After court... we went to the airport to finally collect our luggage!!! Yea!!! Everything was there=) So now we go back home for all of 7 days then turn around and do it again..I kind of wish we could just stay and not have to deal with more traveling... but we do have jobs we would like to keep and most importantly we have 2 little girls who miss us very much and we miss them.. Our next trip we will have to be here 2 full weeks..I don't think I could hang out here for 25 days without my girls=) Thank you for all your prayers!!!

6 comments:

sonflowerjax said...

Wow! That is amazing! Praise God!

Doug and Shelly said...

So happy for you! That is an awesome story!

The Gillaspie Family said...

Woo hoo! Bring your baby boy home!!

The Beautiful Cagle Family said...

YAYAAY!!! What a trip and what sweet pics! Congrats on becoming a family of 5!!!

The Laughlin Family said...

God is good! Love to you and your family of 5!

Jen said...

So exciting! Congrats!