Saturday, July 24, 2010

What a Week!

I thought this would be the longest week of my life! Not so much.. I can't believe we are leaving tomorrow!!! I had a list a mile long

-Michael had a ton to get done at work
-I had to work 3 days this week
-The girls had a denists appointment at 9:30am Monday morning.. Kennedy has an "absessed tooth"..  we get to have that pulled when we get back
-I had to take the dog to the vet to get her updated rabbies shot (thought this might be good since she is staying with my parents out in the country while we are gone=) )
-Clean House
-Laundry
-Pack for 5 people for 2 weeks
-Collect final documents for the US Embassy - last 3 years W-2's, Homestudy, Employer Letter's, I-600 Form
-Bank to get more "new" money
-Pharmacy to get precautionary prescriptions for Andrew
-Make final hotel/airfare reservations for St. Petersburg and Moscow- yuck
-Send out info. to all family members keeping my precious girls-contact info. etc..
-In all my shopping for Andrew.. I forgot to buy shoes!!! So I went shoe shopping and I also bought a couple of smaller outfits.. just in case I measured wrong.
-I ordered a dresser for his room 3 weeks ago..it finally came while we were gone.. so we put it together this week too!! Now his room is finished and his clothes finally have a home=)
-Add Andrew to our health insurance
-Make Andrew's initial doctors appointment and his first eye doctor appointment (he has strabismus and will need a minor corrective surgery)
-And I am sure there are a few other little things I am forgetting.. I'm just tired and can't remember=)

We can't wait to get our little boy! Please be praying for him as he makes this transition..We have been waiting and praying for him for some time now.. he has not been waiting for us.. He has no idea what is about to happen. His entire world is about to change. Everything that is familiar to him will change, smells, sights, sounds - from Russian to English , even his name. We know he will probably have some time of grieving..we are just praying that we will do our best in helping him through this and adjusting to his new life=)


No comments: