Thursday, July 15, 2010

Orphanage Visit

In all of my ranting I left out the single best part of our trip so far.. We did get to visit Vitya at the orphanage this morning for about 1 hour!! At first when they brought him to us he began to cry but when I got out the little book we had brought for him the first time that he loved so much.. he stopped crying and began smiling.. This was the best visit we had with him! He has changed so much in 5 weeks!! He has more hair now, he is walking soooo much better, he is a little "chatter" box! He tried to imitate several words.. He smiled, laughed, and gave hugs the whole time.. I feel like we all really connected..This visit reminded me that I would lose my luggage for a month if needed to bring my baby home! He is sooooo worth it! When it was time to say goodbye..for the first time you could tell he didn't really want to go.. Our last visits when we said good-bye he would dive right into his caregivers arms...this time he looked at he caregiver then looked back at us and hesitated before going to her...This of course made it harder for me to say good-bye but I know that in 10 days he will be mine forever!!! We got some awesome pictures but I can't download them because my cord is...in my lost luggage... oh, I forgot to mention,  I even brought bubbles this time and put them in my checked luggage so they wouldn't get taken away by security.. now.. they are lost!...one day my baby will see bubbles.. one day=)

No comments: