Greetings friends and family, I hope you are having a great summer. Most of you are aware of the Cagle Family adoption journey. It has been amazing yet the single most challenging thing I’ve been part of. From the stirring in our hearts over the past few years, filling out the applications, to traveling to Russia in June to meet our soon to be son Vitya. Vitya turned 2 while we were in St. Petersburg and it was a blessing to be with him.
After spending 3 days getting acquainted with Vitya, learning his story and much of his birth mother’s background, it is clear Vitya is indeed our son. I wish I could write in detail how God orchestrated our paths; I simply do not have time now. Hopefully soon, certainly when we bring Vitya home.
Many of you have been praying for the adoption process and God has answered your (ours) prayers in amazing ways. A year ago I valued prayer a lot, now I see it more valuable than anything. We commenced the process in November 2009 and Lord willing Vitya will come home in August 2010. International adoption in 9 months is nothing short of a miracle. Praise God!
From the outset of the process, Leigh Ann and I knew God would have to provide in every way, including financially. We reviewed our fiscal prospectus provided by our agency, prayed over it and began initiating fundraisers, adoption update letters, and sharing our journey with others, including the financial need. In short, there are fixed cost ($25,400) and variable cost such as social worker fees, appostilling fees (state seal), travel (airfare, hotel & food) and medical exam for our little boy. The "variable" cost are a difficult to predict.
Our initial cost forecast in November revealed we were short $19,000. This began our plethora of fundraising ventures. Praise God, we raised $19000 in 4 1/2 month,s and shut down fundraising, thinking we raised enough money. While I am still in amazed that God provided in such an awesome way, the variable cost are higher that we originally forecast, sadly, by $9000. Upon this realization, I was so sad, confused and full of mixed emotions. I prayed and asked God for perspective, not wanting to lose faith. As I pondered the reality of the situation, I remembered quickly that although this seemed enormous to me, we just saw God answer a prayer for $19000, an additional $9K is no problem for Him. His provision began quickly as I won an unexpected sales award receiving $1000. Our need is already being met and is now $8000.
My conclusion while this is a trial for sure, it is in no way to big for our God, who has not only provided financially but in countless other ways. Philippians 4:12-13 says (paraphrase), whether in season of plenty or great need, it is the “SAME” strength that gets us through. Christ’s strength! Raising these funds to rescue a little boy who otherwise has a life expectancy of 30 years, and having the privilege to parent a son we always wanted is possible!
It is with this need, I appeal to you to help bring our little boy home to his new family in Texas, the Cagle family who eagerly awaits his arrival to love and embrace as our own (he already is ours in our hearts and minds). If you help rescue Vitya through your prayer and financial giving, Leigh Ann & I will commit to raising him in a loving home, full of grace and love, because that is what our heavenly father has given us, as his adopted children. I have never asked a friend or family for money (parents excluded). Without hesitation I ask you to consider giving toward saving Vitya’s life? It may be the best investment you will ever make. If you cannot give financially, please commit to praying over the next 30 days as they are crucial in finalizing Vitya’s adoption.
In summary I have 2 “asks”. First, please watch this 4 minute video to enhance your understanding and perspective of the need these orphaned children have (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpQbjJyqE7k)?
Secondly, if you want to give financially, our blog has a link allowing easy donations. If you live in Rockwall, Sachse, Wylie, Royce City or Frisco, we have coupon cards given to us for anyone who donates to Vitya’s adoption (the cards have relevant discounts). If you don’t live in the aforementioned cities, well, I’m about to spend 3 weeks in Europe (St. Petersburg, Russia) and I will give you a big Euro “smelling” hug when I get back!!
By Faith,
http://www.thecagles.blogspot.com/
The Cagle Family
Jual Beras
10 years ago
1 comment:
I don't know how we are going to go over there, and come back with just one. It's going to break my heart. Honestly, I started this journey with the intention of growing our family, and now I have a completely different perspective and motive- to love one of God's children. I feel so humbled to be called to this. We are praying for you guys. Money is of no dispute to God- HE WILL PROVIDE! Thank you for your testimony and encouragement!
Post a Comment