Monday, March 29, 2010

Press On

I write this post with tears flooding down my face. It's been a difficult day. I thought our papers would be ready to go to Russia this week.  It seems I have more papers to chase, noterize, and apostille. Several months ago when we started the process we had all of our papers ready to go only to find out that our social workers agency had been black listed in Russia. (Long story) The best option at that point was to have our social worker re-do our homestudy and supporting documents indep.  We were not able to secure one document needed. (Letter from the state supporting my social workers liscense) The state will only write this letter for an agency. We thought we had enough supporting documents to work around that but found out this morning that it would not work. So, back to the drawing board. 
I'm totally overwhelmed and emotionally spent. I know once my paperwork makes it to Russia there won't be any problems..I just feel like it will never get there. I'm starting to doubt..maybe I'm not supposed to adopt? Did I not understand God's calling? At this point I don't think my paperwork will make it until the end of May at best. I'm tired of waiting.. I'm not a patient person and I did not pray for patience... I know better=) I just don't understand how Russia can have so many children in their orphanages that need a good home but they make it almost impossible to give them a good home. I know God's timing is perfect... but today.. I don't like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it LeighAnn! We had to redo lots of paperwork during our chase as well as our Homland Security I600 (171) expiring because the paperwork took so long. Our fingerprints several months to clear also. Once, I submitted our only original marriage certificate from Panama with English translation to our dossier processor whom we hired, only to find out that she disappeared with our $300 and only marriage certificate. I had to hire a lawyer in Panama to get a new marriage certificate from Panama and mail it to us in Okinawa, where we were living at the time. Also, we started the paperchase while living in Okinawa and moved to Italy and Turkey before it was finished. Needless to say we had to redo stuff many times. I know that this doesn't make your wait any easier. I just want you to never quit and know that God's timing is perfect. We have sweet little Megan to prove it! I love you! MARR SHAN

The Beautiful Cagle Family said...

all is good! God is good! yes, press on sister!