Monday, March 22, 2010

Good News, Bad News

Well... our agency did recieve our dossier first thing this morning just like Fedex said they would. Thats good! I kept checking my email all morning like a crazy lady just waiting to hear some sort of confirmation from them..either a) all is good or b) corrections need to be made... Email finally came through and the subject line was "problems with apostilled documents"... no, no, no, no!!! Mostly, just minor things that were correctable via email but the main problem was .....drum roll please.. passports! Imagine that..If you remember a couple of weeks ago the state sent my copies back to me and told me I could not have the notery state that it was a copy of my passport.. that I had to make the statement,sign, then have it noterized... so I did just that.. and they apostilled.. The agency however says that Russia will not accept this.. They want it done the first way..but Texas won't etc. etc.. to make a long story short.. every state has different apostilling laws so now I amovernighting copies of my passports to our agency in NH and they will noterize and have them apostilled there.. This will of coarse delay our papers going to Russia at least another week..I just keep telling myself that God's timing is perfect. I have to add that I am very thankful we are working with such an awesome agency. I would much rather catch all the mistakes state level instead of in Russia!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is actually good news! An easy fix! Keep posting. Love you!
Marr Shan