Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 3















Hospital where we had our medicals done

This morning we had our 8 MD visit at the hospital. When entering the hospital we had to put those blue bootie things over our shoes, just like we did at the orphanage...not a bad idea! We had to be there at 7:30 am!  We met with the head administrator to sign papers and go over the schedule. First we met with the doctor of infectious disease..he asked very simple questions then they drew blood! Next we met with the neurologist for an exam and questions..after that they provided us tea,coffee, and breakfast pastry...very good! Next we met with the pulminologist..she asked us several questions..but never asked us if we smoked..it seems like in America that is the first question every doctor ask..then again, smoking is very common in Russia. Next we had a chest x- ray done...then an EKG.. then off to our psych. eval.. I was nervous about this because I wasn't sure what to expect.. but it was not bad.. he basically just asked us some questions about our homestudy. Next we went to a room where we were examined by 3 doctors at one time.. A dermatologist, cardiologist, and oncologist. And  had to strip from the waist up in a room with my husband, 3 doctors, and a translator... talk about AWKWARD!!!  In America the docs always give you something to cover up with until they examine you.. not here my friends.. not here..just sayin! All in all it was not a bad experience! The whole process only took 2 hours and everyone was very nice.

After leaving the hospital we got to got to the orphanage to visit our precious son.  His group was on the playground.  He saw us, started crying, and ran to his caregiver... that is to be expected.. I am glad I was mentally prepared for this=) Once we took him to the other playground he was again.. fine.  We did not get to spend a long time with him but we are greatful for the time we got.. We gave him a little photo album we made of our family.. he liked looking at it.. I pray his caregivers will show it to him while we are apart. Then it was time to say goodbye.. This was difficult, knowing it was the last time I would see him until we return for court. I gave him a big hug and kiss and said "paka- paka" .... Then I cried.... Tomorrow is his 2nd birthday and I wish I could be there to celebrate with him..I'm sure he's never had a party before...Even though his orphanage is a very clean, nice place with lots of toys, it is not a home...He has never been outside the perimeters of that orphanage and I can't wait to break him out of there.. He has so much to see and experience! Thank you Lord that I get to be part of that..We officially signed all the papers to make "V" our son!  It feels good! It is only Friday afternoon and we are done with all adoption work...Our flight does not leave until Tuesday..Because Monday is a holiday here in Russia we got everything done in 3 days=) We tried to get our flights changed to come home early but it was going to cost $730 dollars per person to change.... so it looks like we are staying right here in St. Petersburg and enjoying the city!

This would be us after getting our blood drawn..see, we are still all smiles!

This is us with the head doctor and pulminologist-all the doctors were so nice!



3 comments:

The Gillaspie Family said...

Crying and smiling for you all at the same time. The last picture absolutely melts my heart. What an awesome gift you are giving this precious little life. God is good, and you guys have been so faithful. Praying for a safe trip home and for the next few weeks to fly by!!!!!! Love you!!!!

sonflowerjax said...

I hope you are able to spend some more QT w/ your little one since you have a few more days there... so happy you are keeping us updated! :) Praying for your safe return!

The Laughlin Family said...

Prayers, love and hugs as you continue on this amazing journey! Thank you for sharing! I love hearing about this miracle happening in your family.