Today we recieved our referral! They say it comes when you least expect it. I don't even know where to start with my story I'm so excited... This whole time I thought if I was going to hear anything that it would be in the morning because by the time it is 9:00am here it is 5:00pm in Russia. I also thought it would be a phone call....well...not so much.. how about an email sent at 3:19 in the afternoon! So today was my work day which makes for a crazy day in itself. As soon as I got the girls picked up, it was home to change into our swimsuits, pack up dinner, and head out to Hawaiian Falls for the end of the season soccer party...For whatever reason I decided to check my email one more time before leaving. I nearly fell out of my chair when I read the subject line... "possible referral".... In that moment I froze.. my hands began shaking.. I had thought about this moment many times..what would I do if I was at work and Michael was at work etc. etc. Luckily Michael was home on a work call ...he quickly got off the phone and we read the email together and as we scrolled down the page and saw the picture I just began crying because I knew I was looking at my son. He is beautiful! Brown hair, brown eyes and perfect for us=) It's crazy how I can take just one look at this total stranger and fall so quickly in love... He will be two in June!
We finally told the girls later in the evening and they are both very excited... we are hoping to travel soon! We do have to redo a few papers since he is a few months older than what we had originally requested.. Looks like I will be driving to Austin soon to get papers apostilled... not waiting on the mail this time... just get me to Russia ASAP so I can kiss those sweet cheeks.... FYI...we can't post pictures until he is legally ours=( Thank you Lord!!!
Jual Beras
10 years ago
7 comments:
I am so happy for you guys! I'll be praying for your family. I know it can be tough to get to know a new person and make sure they attach to you properly.
Erin
Congratulations!!! We are hoping to get our referral by the end of the year. I can't imagine how you feel! I can't wait!
so happy for you guys :) this is exciting news! can't wait to meet the precious little boy!
Oh, Leigh Ann...I'm crying some very happy tears for you right now, sweet friend. What a blessing!! I can't wait to watch this happy ending. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
Wow! That is an amazingly quick wait for a referral! Praise God! :) Thanks for sharing your journey, and allowing us to be encouraged by your story!
Amazing! Your family is so blessed! Praying for a speedy trip to Russia! Our papers have been in Russia since March and we can't wait to be in your shoes!
Post a Comment