Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Update on Adoption

On April 8th I finally got the final approval from our agency on our adoption paperwork.. everything was just as it should be and ready to send to Russia!!! This to me was a huge milestone..We had a small celebration at my house!! After months of paperwork it was finished..I finally felt like I could sit back and relax..until the next day.. The story broke of the Tenn. woman who sent her adopted Russian son back to Russia alone..I won't go into detail as I am sure you have probably heard the story. The news was talking about a possible adoption freeze. Our agency assured us that everything was still moving forward...In fact in the middle of that week I found out that our paperwork had made it to Russia, had been translated, and is set to be filed on the 26th!! The next morning.. turned on the news to find out that adoptions had been froze until the US and Russia could meet..So, I emailed our agency only to find out that the news had the story wrong, imagine that! Adoptions are not frozen but have slowed down...What an emotional day that was. There was supposed to be a big meeting today between the US/Russian officials but the big Ash cloud over Europe prevented any flights in/out of Russia...you just can't make this stuff up people! In all this craziness I know that God is in control! I can't wait to see how He works all this out=) Please continue to pray!

1 comment:

The Gillaspie Family said...

Still praying!!! Yes, some crazy turns of events that are putting a hold on the process, but my goodness, I can't wait to see how this all turns out. God is good!