Sunday, October 16, 2011

Building 101

One of my new favorite websites is ana-white.com  It is a website that has tons of step by step furniture plans that you can download for free!! After looking at this website for 2 years I finally decided to give it a try.  For my first project I decided to make a coffee/lego table. My dad was so sweet to guide me through it all and teach me how to measure correctly and use all the fun tools.  I  went to Home Depot all by myself to buy my supplies... I quickly got overwhelmed=) Thank you to my dad for saving the day and showing me what I needed.
My children being very "patient" as we get all our supplies!
This is the frame...yes I cut all the wood by myself with a big ole saw!! Well...all except the plywood because it was too heavy.. 
Here is the finished product!
The tops come off and there is great storage..I plan on putting all of Andrew's lego's in there!
I finally got it stained...not sure if I like it that dark...so I will look at it for a few days and maybe redo it!

No comments: