Andrew finally had his 6 month follow up! He is doing great!! The doctor was impressed with how big he has gotten and how well he is doing over all..When we first met him last June he only weighed 19 pounds. Now my boy weighs 31.5 pounds and he has grown 3 inches since being home. Andrew loves going to the doctor..I'm not really sure why but he just walks right in and jumps on the scales then stands against the wall to be measured. When the doctor comes in the room he gets right up on the table. He is very coroperative! Maybe my girls could learn from him=)
He loves people! He definitly knows who his family is and our bond is getting stronger each day. It has been frustrating at times that it seems like the attachment piece is taking longer than I thought. I have to remind myself that he spent his first 2 years in an orphanage with many caregivers in and out of his life. Full attachment will come....it just takes time and it's only been 7 months.
I am impressed with how quickly he is learning English. I would say he has around 200 words now! He is using 3-4 word sentences and even ask questions! We don't use many Russian words with him anymore because when we do he responds in English...The one I do still use is "nyet" which is "no". I usually tell him no in English but if he doesn't respond I say it in Russian and he responds right away....Hey, whatever works right?
Jual Beras
10 years ago
2 comments:
He's getting so big!!!! Awesome!
Wow! What beautiful hair! He is so handsome! :)
Post a Comment